- M-TAG Blog
This text is also available in: Georgian
UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT PROGRAM (UASP)
The University Administration Support Program (UASP) is funded by the Carnegie Carnegie Corporation of New York.
With primary support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York, IREX has designed the University Administration Support Program (UASP) to contribute improving administration in a selected number of universities in the following countries: Armenia, Belarus, Georgia,Ukraine, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
The University Administration Support Program provides competitively awarded short-term fellowships for mid and senior-level university administrators to spend approximately eight weeks with counterparts at respected US public universities to work on specific university administration reform projects. While in the US the fellows are required to prepare a case study on the management issue addressed. The case studies are then published and distributed to universities participating in the program.
Management Topics: Admissions Management, Faculty Development, Human Resources Management, Campus Life/Student Services, Quality Assurance, University Governance/Trustees, Alumni Relations, Community Relations, Fundraising/Development, Research Management, University Financing, Strategic Planning, Corporate Relations, Government Relations, International Relations, Technology Transfer.
The fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 visa support for the period of the program
- Round-trip travel from fellows’ home cities to the US host institutions
- Accident and sickness insurance
- Housing and $40/day daily allowance for meals and incidentals
- Professional development allowance of $1000 for educational materials, professional conferences and membership in U.S. professional associations
- Opening and closing workshops in Washington, DC
- Grant opportunities for UASP alumni
Eligible Universities from Georgia:
- Akaki Tsereteli State University (Kutaisi)
- Gori State Teaching University
- Ilia State University
- Sokhumi State University
- Tbilisi State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili State University (Telavi)
6 Marjanishvili street,floor 2, “Green Building”
Tbilisi, Georgia 0102
Tel: (995 32) 2912608 (ext 120)
- GMPP Competition TV Broadcasters
- EU Integration and EU Association Agreement – Announcement for the journalists
- Training Course in Education Policy – Announcement for the journalists
- საქართველოს მედია პარტნიორობის პროგრამა 2016 წლის გამარჯვებულებს აცხადებს
- Georgian Media Partnership Program Announces Winners for 2016