- G-MEDIA Blog
This text is also available in: Georgian
Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Eurasia and Central Asia
NOTE:Application submission for the 2013-2014 Global UGRAD program is now closed. For the next round please check in the Fall 2013.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) in Eurasia and Central Asia is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State. The Global UGRAD program provides opportunities for full-time 1st-, 2nd-, 3rd-, and 4th-year undergraduate students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan to spend one academic year of non-degree study in a US university or community college. All students (including 4th year students) must have at least one term remaining at their home institutions upon completion of the program. Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition.
All fellows will:
- Attend classes full-time for one academic year;
- Perform a minimum of 20 hours of community service in their host city during the first semester; and
- Complete a part-time internship during their second semester.
Students in their first-year at the time of application will live with host families or in dormitories and will be enrolled in two-year community colleges. All other students will live in dormitories at four-year colleges and universities.
The fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 Visa Support;
- Round-trip travel from fellow’s home city to host institution in the United States;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Room and board (housing and meals);
- Small incidentals allowance;
- Limited allowance for books; and
- A wide variety of alumni networking and training opportunities.
6 Marjanishvili street,floor 3, “Green Building”
Tbilisi, Georgia 0102
Tel: (995 32) 2912608 (ext 107)
- Information on the radio audience data released by Market Intelligence Caucasus, licensee of TNS, on March 15, 2013
- Georgian Media Partnership Program Announces Winners for 2013
- Education Programs Division- Fall 2012 Highlights
- 2013-2014 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Eurasia and Central Asia announced
- 2012 წლის GMPP კონკურსი საქართველოს რეგიონული მედია საშუალებებისთვის