- M-TAG Blog
This text is also available in: Georgian
Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Eurasia and Central Asia
NOTE: Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Eurasia and Central Asia is currently administered by the U.S. Embassy in Georgia. For detailed information, please visit the embassy’s website: http://georgia.usembassy.gov/resources/programs/exchange-programs/ugrad.html
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) in Eurasia and Central Asia is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State. The Global UGRAD program provides opportunities for 1st-, 2nd-, 3rd- year undergraduate students for full-time non-degree study in the United States. . All students must have at least one term remaining at their home institutions upon completion of the program. Please note that students enrolled in their final year of studies are not eligible to apply.Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition.
All fellows will:
- Attend classes full-time for one academic year;
- Perform a minimum of 20 hours of community service in their host city during the first semester; and
- Complete a professional development component during their program: part-time internships during the second semester for academic year participants and Workplace Excellence professional field trips for semester participants.
Students in their first-year at the time of application will live with host families or in dormitories and will be enrolled in two-year community colleges. All other students will live in dormitories at four-year colleges and universities.
The fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 Visa Support;
- Round-trip travel from fellow’s home city to host institution in the United States;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Room and board (housing and meals);
- Small incidentals allowance;
- Limited allowance for books; and
- A wide variety of alumni networking and training opportunities.
- GMPP Competition TV Broadcasters
- EU Integration and EU Association Agreement – Announcement for the journalists
- Training Course in Education Policy – Announcement for the journalists
- საქართველოს მედია პარტნიორობის პროგრამა 2016 წლის გამარჯვებულებს აცხადებს
- Georgian Media Partnership Program Announces Winners for 2016