- G-MEDIA Blog
This text is also available in: Georgian
NOTE: Applications for Project Smile are now accepted on a rolling basis! Please see the application and instructions below for details.
Project Smile, a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State and implemented by IREX, provides grants to alumni of selected ECA-sponsored programs to implement community service activities that will benefit an underprivileged group in their local community such as children at an orphanage, the disabled or the elderly.
Grants are a maximum of $300 and allow alumni to do the following:
- Organize a trip to a historical location for children from underprivileged schools
- Plan an American holiday celebration for the elderly
- Deliver a presentation on American cultural traditions and share your experiences in the U.S.
- Organize a national crafts workshop for children with disabilities
- Organize a day fun and games at an orphanage or children’s hospital
- Organize a one-day soccer camp for teens at a rehabilitation center
- Organize a cultural diversity workshop for school children
- Develop a one-day training on healthy lifestyles for teenagers
- Organize a series of leadership and team-building activities for children with disabilities
- Develop a public awareness campaign on a social issues (i.e. Anti-drug campaign)
- Organize a hands-on life skills workshop for the visually impaired
Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate sustainability and have the potential for lasting impact.
Currently, alumni of the Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program (MUSKIE) and the Global Undergaduate Exchanged Program ( Global UGRAD) are eligible to apply.
- Information on the radio audience data released by Market Intelligence Caucasus, licensee of TNS, on March 15, 2013
- Georgian Media Partnership Program Announces Winners for 2013
- Education Programs Division- Fall 2012 Highlights
- 2013-2014 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Eurasia and Central Asia announced
- 2012 წლის GMPP კონკურსი საქართველოს რეგიონული მედია საშუალებებისთვის