- G-MEDIA Blog
This text is also available in: Georgian
The Alumni Small Grants Program, a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the US Department of State, provides grants of up to $3,000 for individual projects or $6000 for joint projects to alumni of the Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship program and the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Eurasia and Central Asia (Global UGRAD).
The two small-grant categories are:
1. Community or Public Service Grant – This grant is designed to provide funding for projects that benefit the community-at-large. Alumni are encouraged to work with other alumni and/or volunteers to carry out project activities. Activities proposed under this category may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct a public awareness campaign on HIV/AIDs
- Organize a series of volunteer events (i.e. environmental clean-ups)
- Develop a mentoring program for at-risk youth
- Launch a campaign to build school workers’ capacity to sustain healthy schools
- Organize a week-long Model UN conference for local youth
- Teach professional skills to disadvantaged populations
2. Professional Development Grant – This grant is designed to provide funding for professional development activities that develop professional knowledge and skills of the applicant, other ECA alumni, and/or professional colleagues, and facilitate professional networking opportunities. Activities proposed under this category may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a technology training program for EFL teachers
- Launch a pilot program on literacy promotion at a local NGO
- Fund the travel of a US professor to an eligible Eurasian country and co-facilitate
- a series of seminars on US foreign policy for graduate students
- საქართველოს მედია პარტნიორობის პროგრამა 2014 წლის კონკურსში გამარჯვებულებს აცხადებს
- Georgian Media Partnership Program Announces Winners for 2014
- Highlights of the continuous survey of the radio market, conducted by Market Intelligence Caucasus, licensee of TNS, with support of IREX G-MEDIA. 2013 aggregated results.
- IREX G-MEDIA Call for Applications, Competition among Georgian newspapers and magazines for the two Newscoop powered web-sites.
- 2013 GMPP COMPETITION FOR GEORGIAN REGIONAL TV AND RADIO OUTLETS